-->

Friday, September 24, 2010

Foodie Friday No. 5

Welcome to the 5th Foodie Friday!!  I can't believe I've been doing this for over a month.  Where does the time go???  

What is Foodie Friday? Well, it's a bit like a modern day recipe swap. We'll meet here each Friday to link up our recipes. Most weeks we'll have a theme, but sometimes, we'll do an all-out potluck. I'm open to suggestions as to what the next week's theme should be so feel free to leave those in the comments.

This week's a potluck week so link up whatever recipe you want.  Link up as many recipes as you want.  I'm actually thinking that I'll do the reverse of what I originally said; we'll do a potluck most weeks with an occasional theme.  It seems that potlucks are easier for everyone, I get more links this way and it's easier for me to go out and "fish" for people to invite. 

I honestly didn't plan a menu or really even go to the store this week.  After being sick last week, I just wasn't feelin' it.  I basically made to with what we had at home so I don't have any features this week.  Because of that, I'm going to repost my Breakfast Pizza.  The pictures are pretty crappy because I had the camera on the wrong setting and didn't realize it.  Anyway, here's my recipe.





Ingredients:
*  If you buy one package of all these things, you'll have enough for two pizzas.
  • One 12" pre-made pizza crust.  I used Mama Mary's
  • One package of country gravy mix, prepared as directed.  I used Pioneer Brand.
  • 4 eggs, scrambled hard/dry
  • 4 slices of turkey bacon,  cooked and torn into pieces
  • 4 links of turkey sausage, cooked and torn into pieces
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (sharp)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spread gravy over crust.  I don't have an exact measurement for this, but just think of it as you do pizza sauce.  If you like a lot of pizza sauce, use a lot of gravy.  If you don't like a lot of sauce, just use a little.    Just remember that pizza sauce is more bold than this stuff and you want to be able to taste it (the gravy).  You also don't want to drown the pizza in gravy.  You want to still be able to eat this by hand.
  3. Spread the eggs over the top of the pizza.
  4. Spread the bacon pieces over the top of the pizza.
  5. Spread the sausage bits over the top of the pizza.
  6. Spread cheese over the whole thing.
  7. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Alright, let's link up!



Linking to:
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff 

5 crafty peeps said:

  1. Looks yummy. Thanks for linky to Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 Party. But I can't find what you shared because you didn't link the specific post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that pizza looks GOOOD!! perfect for a lazy sunday morning. def going to copy you AND those brownie bites are mouth-watering. and the hummus post i'm on my way to next, LOVE hummus.
    thanks for hosting! adding your button to our weekly link party list.

    :)kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first week participating.

    In the post, I mentioned you, your blog, the blogging event, and one of your recipes. See for yourself:
    http://caffeinatedglobe.blogspot.com/2010/09/brunch-party-menu-and-5-irresistible.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm... this looks sooo yummy :) Thanks for commenting on my end table post- I used Valspar antiquing glaze in asphaltium... I believe I got it from Lowes. I lovvvve it. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I was thrilled to link up for Foodie Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete